MATTHEWS – Metro Diner is offering sweet indulgent dishes for breakfast – just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Rise and shine to made-from-scratch dishes like the limited-time Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Waffle (available Feb. 14-17). It consists of strawberry cheesecake filling sandwiched between two thick and fluffy Belgian waffle wedges, topped with strawberry compote and garnished with powdered sugar.
Other favorites include:
• Croissant French Toast: Four pieces of a light and buttery croissant battered, grilled and topped with powdered sugar.
• Cinnamon Roll Pancake: Two fluffy pancakes swirled with cinnamon and sugar, topped with cream cheese icing, candied pecans and cinnamon butter.
• Fruity Waffle: Belgian waffle topped with fresh blueberries, strawberries, bananas and powdered sugar.
Pair breakfast delights with Mimosas for only $2.99 from Feb. 9 to 17.
Metro Diner has locations in Charlotte (8334 Pineville Matthews Road) and Matthews (10412 E. Independence Blvd).
Recipe: Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Waffle
• 1 Belgian waffle
• 2 scoops of strawberry cheesecake stuffing (create this at home with mashed strawberries and cheesecake filling)
• 2 ounces strawberry compote
• 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
• Prepare your Belgian waffle and separate into 1/4’s – two will be the bases and two will be lids. Prepare your strawberry cheesecake stuffing and add one scoop to each stack.
• Place two waffles on top as lids.
• Drizzle strawberry compote (can be purchased at a store).
• Garnish with powdered sugar.