CHARLOTTE – Charlotte Area Transit System will hold public meetings for the proposed LYNX Silver Line light rail project as part of the pre-project development phase.
The pre-project development phase is the first of four phases required to be eligible for federal funding with the Federal Transit Administration. It will focus on three elements: design and environmental work, transit-oriented development planning and development of a rail trail.
CATS will ask attendees to provide feedback regarding the adopted alignment and station locations.
Public meetings will occur during the following dates and times:
- March 10 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Matthews Town Hall, 232 Matthews Station St., Matthews
- March 11 from noon to 2 p.m. (drop-in meeting) at Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, 310 N Tryon St., Charlotte
- March 12 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at CPCC Harris Auditorium, 3210 CPCC Harris Campus Drive, Charlotte
- March 17 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Warehouse 242, 2307 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte
- March 19 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at International House, 1817 Central Ave. #215, Charlotte
Over the next eight months, two additional phases of public outreach will occur as project staff advances the light rail line to 15% design.