Health departments in Mecklenburg and Union counties inspected these restaurants Feb. 28-March 5:
• Fiesta Mexican Cuisine, 11329 E. Independence Blvd., Matthews – 90.5 Violations include: Employee handled garbage can then cleaned apron without washing hands; raw fish was stored over hot dogs; deep-covered container of rice cooling from day prior was not cold enough; open package of hot dogs wasn’t date marked; and several boxes of food were stored on ground in walk-in freezer.
• Chinatown Buffet, 140 U.S. 74 E., Indian Trail – 90.5 Violations include: Employee used bare hands to mix slaw; hand sinks were used to scrub utensils; three food items on cold hold line weren’t cold enough; carrots, duck sauce and fish were stored on floor inside walk-ins; pans were stacked wet; and prep tables had rusted storage shelving.
[Matthews-Mint Hill Weekly works hard to bring you local news.
Please consider making a small financial donation to help us add value to our community.]
• Fiesta Mexican Cuisine, 11329 E. Independence Blvd. – 90.5
• Five Guys, 2304 Matthews Township Pkwy. – 99.5
• Longhorn Steakhouse, 9950 E. Independence Blvd. – 96
• Mr. Tokyo, 10412 E. Independence Blvd. – 92
• Bojangles’, 6915 Albemarle Road – 99
• Chinatown Buffet, 140 U.S. 74 E. – 90.5
• Little Caesars, 325 Unionville-Indian Trail Road – 93.5
Become a CMG Insider! Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter to stay on top of everything we are publishing in print and online, as well as what we’re sharing across our social media platforms. Click here to be added to the distribution list.