ATLANTA – The season of outdoor entertaining is officially here.
To help homeowners looking for simple, last-minute ways to build a picturesque backyard landscape, Pike Nurseries has suggestions sure to take that barbecue to the next level.
From starting with the basics to elevating the space with pops of color, added lighting, hanging planters and herb gardens, these tips will allow homeowners to turn backyards to entertaining destinations.
Easy tips for building outdoor entertainment spaces:
• The Basics – Create structure and give guests a comfortable place to sit, sip and stay a while with stylish, durable patio furniture. When deciding what furniture is best, the experts recommend taking the sizes of both the outdoor space and guest list into consideration. Dining sets are great for larger parties, while a cozy, over-sided seating group is ideal for small get-togethers. If the goal is to create a nook to read and sip coffee, a hanging basket or Adirondack chair are great additions. Finally, a grill will complete the ultimate entertainment space, and don’t forget to add a side table for coffee or cocktails.
• Fill large voids – Once the patio furniture is in place, homeowners should step back to see if there are large areas of the landscape, deck or patio that beckon for more. Consider the addition of shrubs, fountains or a walkway to fill those voids.
• Vertical interest – Dazzle guests with elements of interest at every viewpoint. Add vertical highlights to any outdoor space by incorporating colorful hanging baskets, climbing vines or shady trees.
• Functionality – The Pike Nurseries experts recommend adding personal touches to outdoor spaces for increased functionality. For example, culinary enthusiasts can incorporate herb containers, veggies or even a potted dwarf citrus tree for quick garden-to-grill meals, while nature-lovers should consider adding pollinators such as salvia, lantana or a butterfly bush to bring fluttering friends to the garden.
• It’s all in the details – Refresh and renew any space with additional decor. For daytime gatherings, homeowners can add pops of color with decorative throw pillows and tabletop planters with blooming flowers or easy-care succulents. Create special evening ambiance with the addition of string lights, garden stakes or ornamental globes.
• Not sure where to begin – or want to leave the work to the pros? Pike Nurseries offers both landscape design and installation services to help make garden dreams a reality! Visit bit.ly/PikeNurseriesLandscapeDes ign to book an appointment.
Want to go?
Pike Nurseries is located at 1016 Devore Lane, Matthews. Visit www.pikenursery.com or call 704-288-0782 for details.